Everything that we do relies on the generosity of the public. Habitat for Humanity Northern Ireland pledges to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Habitat NI.
We promise we will designate your gifts for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
1) Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources
2) Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
3) Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
4) Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5) Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
6) Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7) Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
8) Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third-party agents.
9) Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
10) Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists. Habitat NI never shares data with third parties.
11) Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact Habitat NI by phone, email or in writing. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
We will plan to get back to you as quickly as possible but certainly within 10 days.
T: 028 92 635 635
Send mail to Fancea McNally, Business and Finance Admin Manager, Riverside Centre, Young Street, Lisburn, BT27 5EA